Hey, thanks a lot. To elaborate on what's suggested, the solution I
got was:

var tf:TextField = new TextField();
tf.text = "bitmap text";

var myBitmapData:BitmapData = new BitmapData(80, 20);
myBitmapData.draw(tf);
var bmp:Bitmap = new Bitmap(myBitmapData);
this.addChild(bmp);

Thinks this will help others, who wanna know more about the same.
Regards
       Joy