If you want to know to compare two values with tolerance then subtract them
and see if the result is within your tolerance.

public function within(x:Number, y:Number, tolerance:Number):Boolean {
  var difference:Number = x - y;
  return difference <= tolerance && difference >= - tollerance;
}

HTH,

Sam

We're Hiring! Seeking passionate Flex, C#, or C++ (RTSP, H264) developer in
the Washington D.C. Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]