Hi,

Totally a newbie here, so please excuse my ignorance.

I've spent some time working through this problem and this is where I
am at. I want to be able to make multiple calls to my database tables.
I did use the create application from database to generate the php
code to create the xml I need. Works great for my needs, I just need
to be able to make calls to the server. I used the generated datagrid
to display and manipulate some data in my application, so I would like
to keep the original part, just add on to it.

>From what I gather, it is not possible to reference HTTPService twice.

Currently it appears in a ActionScipt file as ->
private var gateway:HTTPService = new HTTPService();

This part is the original datagrid application.

And again in a data block within the mxml file ->
<mx:HTTPService id="SamplePointCollect"

url="http://localhost/debug/Points.php?method=FindAll";
                                result="resultHandlerSP(event)"/>

I added this to populate a combobox where the code for the datagrid
exists, except this combo references a different table than the
datagrid connects to.

How would I give an instance of HTTPService a unique ID - or populate
an array in a different way?

Thanks,