This may be my lack of understanding of the Profiler tool but...
After de-serialization of the server response and UI rendering of data
retrieved from the server, if I do a 'Reset Performance Data' in the
Profiler followed by a UI gesture that requires no server trip, and
then do a 'Capture Performance Profile' I still see [tincan] hogging
>50% of time. Shouldn't it be 0?

Thanks
Vijay