Pretty simple question I think, I'm just stuck, it's probably more of
an E4X XML question. I'm trying to write a method that will expand
the node of a tree based on a string match.  The xml has an attribute
label, so where that matches the string, open that node of the tree.
The main bulk of my question I think lies in how I am returning the
node where the label attribute matches the string.

First, this doesn't seem to work, this is my lame attempt to find the
matching node:  xml.menuTree.*.(@label == topicString), meaning, look
for any of the sub nodes where the label attribute matches the string.

Here is my actionscript and xml dataprovider for the tree:

navTree.expandItem(xml.menuTree.*.(@label == topicString), true,
true);

var xml:XML = <veniceHelp>
        <menuTree>
                <folder label="Getting Started">
                        <folder label="About Venice" />
                        <folder label="Overview" />
                        <folder label="Logging In"/>
                </folder>
                <folder label="The Venice User Interface">
                        <folder label="The My Profile View" />
                        <folder label="Viewing A Selected User's
Profile" />
                        <folder label="The Network View" />
                </folder>
                <folder label="Putting Venice To Work">
                        <folder label="Adding Associates To Your
Network" />
                        <folder label="Your Profile" >
                                <folder label="Editing Your Profile"
topic="Edit Profile">
                                        <folder label="Changing Your
Picture" />
                                        <folder label="Changing Your
Description" />
                                        <folder label="Changing Your
Personal Information" topic="Changing Your Personal Information" />
                                </folder>
                        </folder>
                        <folder label="Skills">
                                <folder label="Adding Skills"
topic="Add Skill" />
                                <folder label="Editing Skills"
topic="Edit Skill" />
                                <folder label="Marking All Skills As
Private" topic="Marking All Skills As Private" />
                        </folder>
                </folder>
                <folder label="Support"/>
        </menuTree>