Just putting the shack back together and I'd thought I would check on the 
progress of an issue I reported on May 2 2008 regarding transverters. At the 
time I elected in fairness to make it a feature request however this time I 
decided to bring it up here since the feature request system is quite obviously 
no longer managed. This time I have looked more thoroughly at the function and 
I am quite concerned at what I have found.

Attempting to operate crossband results in unintended emissions on 
inappropriate frequencies:-

Example:

VFO A 50.500 [TX]
VFO B {VHF0, 144.500}

Transmit = normal behaviour. Next split.

VFO A 50.500
VFO B {VHF0, 144.500} [TX]

Transmit = 28.500 at full output at current drive level. TX meter registers 0 
watts. This could potentially lead to someone driving 100w into an empty 
antenna connector while trying to elicit some RF from their transverter.

Next, exchanging the VFO's and with TX on VFO A, everything is normal. With TX 
on VFO B, there is no RF output. This fortunately has no potential for harming 
the radio (providing you discount an irate op with a chainsaw) although it is 
deeply frustrating. The first example however warrants prompt attention since 
the best case scenario is obliviously transmitting on completely the wrong 
band. The worst case scenario potentially involves smoke and swearing. . .

I would be grateful if someone else could corroborate these findings, although 
I have just re-tested with a clean database with no change to the results above.

73

Nige.
G7CNF
_______________________________________________
Flexedge mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexedge_flex-radio.biz
This is the FlexRadio Systems e-mail Reflector called FlexEdge.  It is used for 
posting topics related to SDR software development and experimentalist who are 
using alpha and beta versions of the software.

Reply via email to