Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a burbling on the received
audio?
I find it a bit difficult to describe the sound I am getting but it is a sort of
burbling on the audio but not continuos but occurs in bursts every few
seconds and is annoying.

   I have done some comparisons between the code in the "audio.cs" file
in SVN 3786 and the previous version I was using SVN 3718 which did
not have the problem.
After some experimenting I discovered that commenting out the following
code at lines 883 to 886 and recompiling removes the problem!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
//  The following code causes burbling on receive audio!!!!

min_in_l = Math.Min(min_in_l, MinSample(in_l, frameCount)); min_in_r = Math.Min(min_in_r, MinSample(in_r, frameCount));
           max_in_l = Math.Max(max_in_l, MaxSample(in_l, frameCount));
           max_in_r = Math.Max(max_in_r, MaxSample(in_r, frameCount));
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Now, I am using my own hardware with a custom DLL to interface to my
hardware via the USB 2 port, so the problem could be just with my system and
perhaps this code is only appropriate for the flex hardware.
I am just reporting my findings in case others are experiencing the same
problem.
Of course I know it is still beta software but I am hoping my findings might help those working on the software but if I am the only one getting this problem
then forget the above comments and I will solve my own problems.....

73's

Martin G3OQD.



_______________________________________________
Flexedge mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexedge_flex-radio.biz
This is the FlexRadio Systems e-mail Reflector called FlexEdge.  It is used for 
posting topics related to SDR software development and experimentalist who are 
using alpha and beta versions of the software.

Reply via email to