Phil,
I will make the change you mentioned. How important is it to completely remove the MixW com port emulation? I had reinstalled it during one of my experiments.
73,
Dale AA5XE

Philip Covington wrote:
Dale,

You can shorten the line in the inf file to read:
  [SourceDisksFiles.x86]
  vCOM.sys=0

but it should make no difference in the installation of the driver.

After you uninstall the Unknown devices in Device Manager please
describe exactly the steps you are doing to install the driver.   I
did not change the inf file for a few builds now.  I am unable to
reproduce the problem on WXP or W2K here.  Maybe I am not using the
same steps you are using?

Also, take a look at the latest pictures on my webpage.  After
uninstalling everything and rebooting, open regedit and look under
those keys shown to make sure there is nothing in the registry under
those keys before you try to install the driver.

73 de Phil N8VB