From: Ken N9VV <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: FlexRadio Reflector <FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz>
Subject: [Flexradio] SSB carrier visible on some signals?
Sent: Sunday, June 5, 2005 7:49 AM
Dear smart Panadapter guys,
I frequently see SSB signals on 75m and 20m that have a vertical line right under the zero line on the Panadapter. The line amplitude seems to vary with the speech and the bandwidth of the guy who is talking.

Some signals (many) seem to have what looks and sounds like a carrier bouncing up/dwn at about 30db below their speech peaks. Is that their carrier?

why do their rigs generate a carrier when on SSB? most of the modern rigs advertise 50db or more of carrier suppression.

Is the Panadapter so good that we can actually see the carrier? if so - that is w-a-y cool!

de Ken