I am on a business trip and Saturday I am at W3CCX.  I will answer this in
detail when I get back.  If two days go by (Tuesday), bash me about the head to
remind me.  It is pretty simple trigonometry for the phase detector.  The
determination of the "time constants" would require
laplace transforms or Z-transforms.  I will not do that but give a heuristic
explanation
and show the bottom line results which consist of "Using this formula for the
constants,
given your frequency range, and tuning rate requirements,  you will get a
critically
damped PLL".

Bob