From: INOUE Takafumi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 12 June 2005 00:54
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Re: Linux and Santa Cruz

Hi Bob and all,

I also have a Santa Cruz card on my Linux box and experienced
capture problem with alsa driver(alsa ver. 1.0.8, kernel ver. 2.4.27).
In my case the problem was solved at last by setting the 'ADC Capture
Switch' control (numid=65).

 % amixer cset numid=65 on

You can confirm it like this

 % amixer sget ADC

 Simple mixer control 'ADC',0
   Capabilities: volume cswitch cswitch-joined
   Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: 0 - 32767
   Front Left: 8532 [26%] Capture [on]
   Front Right: 8532 [26%] Capture [on]
                                   ^^^^
Hope this helps.

...but I still have problem with running DttSP software. It seems fine
just when starting the jsdr command, but the desired signal is lost
fairly easily by operations like switching KDE desktop and only the
loud noise is heard after that.  I changed parametes on the setting
panel of qjackctl but the situation did not improve a lot. Does anyone
have a clue?

*** Confidentiality Notice *** Proprietary/Confidential
Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates
may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient
indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for
delivery of this message to such person), or you think for
any reason that this message may have been addressed to you
in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message
to anyone else.  In such case, you should destroy this
message and are asked to notify the sender by reply email.