Assuming the goal of initial thread is to gain greater exposure for SDR [and Flex Radio]...

Consider having a special event that offers an award for working at least [say 10] software defined radios.  SDR operators need not travel anywhere other than to their shack. The event could be advertised in all the ham publications. Certificates can be emailed [visit my web site to see how I handle A+ Operator award and certificate.]  Or SDR1000 operators can "print screen" the station being received and send a neat QSO confirmation immediately.

Another option, would be to have a special event station [ say AA5SDR]  with a plan similar to that above.

Of course the real challenge, is to get someone to take on this project.

What say?

John
w5gi