John has a very nice website, but
he for got to put in a link
     http://www.w5gi.com/sdr.htm

I created the data bases for different operating conditions, i.e. conventional audio, DX, enhanced single sideband, and hi-fi [wide] single sideband. The purpose of providing these databases is to provide the user with some idea of typical settings for different conditions. Actual settings will depend on YOUR voice and external audio equipment. My external audio gear consists of a Heil PR40 [any mic with a response of at least 50-10,000 Hz can be substituted], a Behringer UB 802 Mixer [almost any mixer will work] and an inexpensive Radio Shack reverb unit. I use the Mixer 3 band EQ to establish a base level audio sound and the SDR Graphic EQ to alter this sound to achieve the type audio desired for each mode. The reverb is used to enhance "presence" and "clarity". But most important of all- I set my output level controls [on the mixer and in the SDR control panel] so that my ALC reading is always between 0 and 5 db. This is critical a parameter. If ALC readings are too low-power output will be down, if too high-you get distortion. If you elect to use my databases, be sure to use your PA settings, otherwise, your power may be too low or high. 73, and good luck.
John
W5GI