From: ecellison
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 10:23 PM
Subject: [Flexradio] The Amazing SoftRock-40 Receiver by Tony - KB9YIG

Folks

Tony has done it again. He has produced a mini 40 meter receiver which plugs into a USB port for 5 volt power, Connect line in on a sound card and to an antenna and you are off and tuning!. It is just slightly larger than a usb thumb drive. The tuning range of the unit with the Crystal supplied on the first kits is 7.030 to 7.078 mhz. The design has been proven in Tony's 40 meter QRP Sampler which is still in Alpha Test phase.

The cost of this first Soft Rock 40 kit is $29 which includes postage. 16 boards will be produced in this alpha set with a complete kit of parts. That is the good news. The bad news is that after the Teamspeak crows got at the first announcement of availability there are only 4 left.

I will take the first 4 E-mails as the first come first served to get one of these alpha boards. I will add any succeeding request messages to a queue for a second go around. We are already at Tony for some "Feature Creep".

THIS is a KIT and has some tricky SMT parts. Be aware!

Here is the schematic and board layout and sizing.

Board:

HTTP://flex-radio-friends.net/Upload/SoftRock-40/SDR_RX_SAMPLERbrd.jpg

Schematic:

HTTP://flex-radio-friends.net/Upload/SoftRock-40/SDR_RX_SAMPLER.jpg

Tony you make all our lives more enjoyable!

Thanks

Eric - AA4SW