Jim,
A few further comments on the subject:

1) We were unable to recreate this problem in the lab under any conditions
using a cleanly loaded Dell computer and Delta 44 sound card with a radio of
the same vintage as yours.
2) I am not aware of any other reports of this specific problem.  We were
wrong in assuming that this was a generalized problem of interaction.
3) There is clearly an interaction ON YOUR SYSTEM between the ADC data line
and the keyer inputs on the parallel port.
4) This interaction could be caused by other software loaded on your
computer that deals with the parallel port.  It could also be a hardware
problem with the computer parallel port.
5) It is possible that there is a hardware failure on the parallel IO
circuit on your SDR-1000.  We have never seen this before but it could
happen if a chip failed.

My suggestion at this point it to try the radio on another computer,
preferably one that does not have any software that might modify the
parallel port.

Thanks,
Gerald
K5SDR