We provided a function to aid us in the swap from transmit to receive and
vice versa which puts the DSP into a Run Switch state.  It does some
clean up of the old,  and getting ready for the new.  If you went MOX MOX
fast enough,  you get into a race condition and you were trapped in
that state.    The dsp was zeroing multiple buffers and then slowing
ramping up the last buffer while calling process_samples so it was
producing truly hosed output.   After figuring this out,   I only
allowed it to set the next state to the last running real state (TX or
RX) and all seems to be well.  I knew it wasn't the ring buffers
because we have diagnostics on them.  I beat on the MOX button
as fast as my 40+ wpm hand could beat on it and could not get
into the motorboat condition.  This is fixed in 1.4.0

If you were sending CW,  and your Semi Break In timer dropped
out and you keyed it pretty quickly again,  you got into this state.
I think this is the most likely way of having gotten into Motorboat.

If you have seen motorboat in other conditions AND CAN DOCUMENT
IT AND REPRODUCE,  I want to hear it.

Bob