I am currently wondering what to do for satellite operation. As I am building my station up I am testing with the FT-817 which is OK-ish, but not the best. My current thoughts are to buy the IC-910H this year which is fine for 2m and 70cms.

Is anyone using the SDR-1000 as a basis for satellite operation, if so how - what's the configuration? I want to eventually run 23cms and 13cms with P3E when it gets into orbit. I could do this with an IC-910H or FT-817 + transverter and RX on my IC-7800 + converter.

There may be a SDR-based solution that I haven't considered, if so what is it?

An SDR-1000 system driving a 144 MHz and 430 MHz internal transverter would be nice but I am sure there's a limited market.