Mike,

So far I understand, the level of the side tone controls the output level of cw transmissions, i.e. you reduce the output to the antenna by reducing the level of the sidetone. I have used a bypass with a relay in the biaural line J6 to the headphone or speakers. Said bypass line contains a stereo potentiometer to control the lf - level during reception. The coil of said relay is connected in parallel with the existing tx/rx relay of the SDR1000. Nowadays I use an external keyer with its own monitor and audio level control.

Best 73s de SM6OMH Willi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike King - KM0T" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 3:34 PM
Subject: [Flexradio] CW Sidetone Monitor

Hi everyone. I recently upgraded to the Delta 44 sound card and things seem
to be going well.

I decided to check the monitor function and it works great! The latency for CW is really good and I would certainly consider using it, except it is way
too loud.

Is there a way that I'm not seeing to adjust the sidetone CW monitor, so it
does not mess up the volume of the signals being heard in RX mode?

Thanks!

73

Mike- KM0T

PS - I can now have powered speakers and headphones connected to the Delta
44 system with no load down of the system in terms of power output. This is
really nice!