Jim Lux wrote:

Nonsense... it's never premature to at least describe the intended structure as you build it.

I'm inclined to believe you haven't actually made any serious attempt to look at the code.

Don Knuth often has made the point that the chief deficiency in most programmers' skillsets is the art of reading other people's programs.

Everything you're talking about strikes me as learning curve issues. One thing at a time. What exactly has you all riled up, anyway?

Not to too vigorously cast aspersions here, but the SDR1000 is more than a year old, and there's never been any sort of architectural description, except perhaps in Gerald's articles, and those were of a more generic nature.

If you'd like to find somebody to underwrite it, great. I'm ready.

There is no comparable thing for the SDR1000's software component.

Have you looked at gnuradio?

Which is not documented anywhere? At least not in any sort of file with an obvious name.

Did you notice the file called "command-vocabulary?" main.c? sdr.c? update.c? Horse, water, drink.

This would be something other than is currently on the CVS repository?

No. It's currently under development by the excellent Bob Cowdery, and it's been discreetly distributed, I assume in order to avoid exactly this kind of kvetching. Speaking only for myself here.

Isn't the concept of open software similar to that of the egoless programmer?

No.

Further discussion >/dev/null.

73
Frank