From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tim Ellison
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 11:32 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] PC Specifications for SDR-1000

To all,

I am starting to put together a PC system for use with a SDR-1000 and PowerSDR I am planning to get in the near future and had a couple of questions.

What performance metric is most desirable in a CPU / motherboard combination?  I want to make sure I get a system that will meet current and future performance needs.  I have not done a lot of research on the DLLs or libraries used, so I was hoping to get some insight from those that know a lot more about the internal operation of PowerSDR than I.

Specifically, what is most to least important of the following items (a ranking of sort):

Floating point performance

Integer operation

Memory performance

Multi-tasking performance

CPU cache

Graphics performance

In addition to processor / motherboard metrics, has anyone used Windows XP Professional x64 with PowerSDR.  If so how did the WOW64 emulation handle PowerSDR and is there any advantage to using a 64-bit OS.

Will PowerSDR be compiled to be a 64-bit app in the future?

Also, are there any known compatibility issues with AMD processors?

In advance, thanks for the information.

73 de W4TME

-Tim

---

Tim Ellison

Integrated Technical Services

Apex, NC USA

919.674.0044 Ext. 25 / 919.674.0045 (FAX)

919.215.6375 - cell