From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Tom Ski
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 3:32 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Kenwood Microphone

I have been operating CW with the SDR for some time and am pleased with the CW performance of this rig. I am now ready to try some phone to keep a sked with a fiend moving south on a sailboat.

I have a Kenwood MC-60 microphone which I found at a swap and wish to  use it with the SDR. This microphone is a dynamic mic w/ PPT. the mic impediance may be set for 50K ohms or 500 ohms. The frequency response is 150 Hz to 10Hz. This mic has a built in pre-amp. Has anyone used this mic with the SDR and can it be connected directly to the D44 break-out box without the use of a pre-amp or second sound card?

Advice and suggestions appreciated.

73’s

Tom

AA8YI