From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of SERGE BERTUZZO
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 1:23 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] vCom installation difficulties

Hello to the list. I want to get my SDR working on the digital modes with the vCom program if possible. Having some difficulites installing the software. I have downloaded the pdf information file but still having difficulties.

I downloaded the software and unzipped the file. I have modified the .ini file and saved it back to the directory. I noted in the ini file that there were com ports available well beyond 10. I have a Digi Port Server which allows me to have up to 10 hard wired com ports at present. I wanted to try to use VCom's com  ports 12 and 13 under Pair No. 5 in the ini file.

I have two questions, is it possible to use  vCOM's com 12 and 13 with third party digital software? My other question which is a very simple one I am sure - how do I actually  install the vCOM software on my computer once I have configured the ini file? I must be missing something here as I cannot find the executable file to launch the software.

I would appreciate any and all assistance. If you would like to save bandwidth please reply direct.

Thank you all in advance...

Serge

VA3SB