There have been some very interesting discussions on the QRP-L and Elecraft email reflectors about new washers and dryers that create *terrible* RFI in the home. Here is some solid info about putting toroids on various Ethernet equipment in the shack. Very cool info repeated here without permission F.Y.I.

[Elecraft] K2 Birdies
Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Sep 6 20:49:58 EDT 2005
On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 20:03:22 -0400, Bob Wehking wrote:
>Unpluging my D-Link wireless router stopped the birdies.
Study these links (from my website).
http://audiosystemsgroup.com/SAC0305Ferrites.pdf
http://audiosystemsgroup.com/Ferrites-Ham.pdf
What you need to do is wind those Ethernet cables and the power cable for the router and computers through the right toroids to form chokes. The links tell you how.
Jim