Hi Tim,

I've put the TCP CAT server and vSound projects on hold until the
development starts on the 1.5.x code.  I added the TCP server to one
of the early 1.4.x releases to do testing (it worked well with
multiple 3rd party apps) but because of the monolithic nature of the
1.4.x code and the lack of CVS or SVN it was too time consuming to
have to go back and add the code to each 1.4.x release after that.  I
may wait until the final changes to the 1.4.5 code comes out and offer
an unofficial version on my webpage to give people the capability to
use the TCP CAT server.  I know that Flex wants to have the stable
1.4.5 version out. New features (besides the new AGC code and TX code)
are frozen so it can be completely debugged.  Adding the TCP server
capability to the official code would be too risky since it will
probably add more things to debug.  Hopefully with the modular 1.5.x
code it will be easy for developers to add this kind of functionality
without having to have the code compiled into the main console project
like the monolithic 1.4.x and previous versions code.  Or maybe we
will have CVS or SVN to ease the burden on Eric...

In the testing I did with the TCP CAT enabled PowerSDR I was able to
have HRD controlling the radio and MixW and a logger program updating
with the new settings sent to the PowerSDR console by HRD.  I limited
the number of concurrent TCP connections to 10 in the code.  It was
pretty cool to have multiple 3rd party apps all running at the same
time.

73 de Phil N8VB

--
Philip A Covington