Title: Re: [Flexradio] FlexRadio Presentation

Cecil

I am taking this back into the reflector since others might be interested.

If you are going to do a demonstration you can (should) install the latest version of the code. Not the code for the SoftRoc40. The code is free. From the FlexRadio website. If you are not using a supported sound card, you should also install Asio4all version 1.8.

You can download the i/q files can be found on the \\flex-radio-friends\ website under downloads…. I think the folder is called IQ_Wavefiles

I would encourage others to upload wav files to this directory since this website has unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth… Sorry about the lack of content but, I don’t have time to grow it as I would wish. It can be a storage area for users wishing to store a good quantity of data/information. It is ‘free form’ so create a folder under your call. It is a ‘trust relationship’ since you can probably wipe it out also! (smile)

I gave a presentation at our local radio club last month and have another to give to the Georgia Tech Radio club in October! Didn’t do that great with the first, but will try to ‘nail’ the second… There is just SO much excitement and stuff to demo!

The radio “without the hardware” is probably the slickest thing I have ever seen to demo what software can do! REALLY puts this radio –beyond all others—on the map.

I did it with a Dell Latitude C-600 at about .9 g processor…. It did not strain in the demo!

Eric – AA4SW