I know this has been beat to death probably...but here it is anyway since I
cannot find anything on this specifically.

Running an outboard keyer....microham usb cw keyer with winkey.  All the
posts I find only refer to connecting the paddles to pins 4, 6 and 8 for
keying with the paddles to the SDR and selecting the appropriate com port as
the source.

But....anytime I select com1, it keys the rig even if nothing is connected
to the com port on the computer.  I have the 2 conductor cable connected to
pins 4 and 8.  I then plug that into the serial cable connected to COM 1.
Again, as soon as I choose COM1 as the key source, the rig keys...whether
the outboard keyer is connected to the serial cable or not.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Greg
AB7R