> Folks,
> I've got a need to have more than one RS232 hooked up to the "legacy free"
> laptop I now have. Bad enough to have the sound interface, the webcam, the
> parallel, etc.  but I'm running out of USB hubs..
>
> Any experiences good/bad with any of the 2 or 4 port USB<>serial
> widgets.  Likewise for parallel (although I confess I've never seen any of
> those with multiple outputs, but never hurts to ask)

You might want to go up a level in your thinking, also.  I have had
trouble there, various.

Hubs are the spawn of Satan.  Stay away from them at all costs.  I think I
wrote about this recently.

precisely why I want a USB>multi RS232 widget..
(although, pretty much every PC has more than one USB hub built into the innards these days)

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Radio Frequency Subsystems Group
Flight Communications Systems Section
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena CA 91109
tel: (818)354-2075