In addition to reading the header, I can open the file in cooledit
2000 and listen to it.
I can see the passband with the fft in cooledit and see cw signals
flickering about.

You may be looking at some of the numbers incorrectly.  Remember that
the four byte longs
and the two byte shorts are in little endian (intel) format withe the
least significant byte first.

Richard W5SXD

(11/12/2005 11:09)