YEAH MAN!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Duane - N9DG
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 9:15 AM
To: richard allen; FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] 1 kHz snap to

I've made this kind of enhancement request for the panadapter
before. Taking this basic idea a few steps farther I would
suggest that such a feature be user configurable for the
following steps: 10, 9, 5, 1, .5, .1, .05, and, .010 kHz
"snap to" increments. As you've noted a majority of the SSB
QSO's do take place on the even kHz, and I'd estimate that
95% or more of the SSB QSO's you hear take place on either
the .5 or 1 even kHz. Having this kind of tuning flexibility
of the point and click method would be a big enhancement.

Given the workload for the PowerSDR development effort I
would focus the energy required for this enhancement on the
new UI. You know the one that will support the Audiophile
192' full 80 kHz of sampling bandwidth (@+/- .5 dB flatness)
so that the PowerSDR program can have a full 160 kHz of
panadapter display (hint, hint ;)). Then along with that the
ability to have 4 or 5 RX's within that same sampling
passband. With those enhancements the SDR-1000 will become an
even more capable DX hunter or a competition killer contest
machine.

Duane
N9DG