Robert McGwier wrote:

I cannot see how this would work without considerably more effort than anticipated for version 1.0 of this. Some people would want to use external hardware. Some people want to use programs to decode CW. Some people want to use external audio programs on SSB for both the microphone and the output. Until all get a look and Eric figures out how to balance all of these needs, I would not expect this to be implemented in this completely controllable form.

Bob

Bob, I've long thought the easiest and best way to do this is to have a "RTTY" or "Digital" check box, perhaps near the band buttons.

This would fairly easily accommodate all of what you are talking about. The idea would be, if you are using a 3rd party program and they put it in SSB (USB _or_ LSB) for digital modes, then the CAT commands would work as those programs expect. But, the check box could enable all sorts of other useful things, things you as the user would want to enable: 1) special filtering, or at least alternate filter button selection, 2) turning off all the various compression. etc. for SSB so digital has its own less modified shape, 3) Accepting a few other sources than the paddles for CW (c.f. the old keyer). And so on. All of which would be enabled by the "digital" check box that would, in effect, create a set of alternate settings. Thus, all 3rd party software and hardware could be accommodated in that manner.

Larry  WO0Z