Eric - Yes, in my humble opinion CW is the one weak spot for the SDR that I would sure like to see resolved.  A USB connection sounds like a GREAT possibility!

John Denson
----- Original Message -----
From: ecellison
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 3:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Another Xylo fiddler

Chris

Another thought occurred to me on ‘simple’ things to do would be to program a keyer on the chip. Just needs two debounced inputs and one output for testing. Eventually the keying ‘stream’ would be sent back through the USB control fifo conntection.  I can still remember the old DTL and TTL keyers I built early on. CW remains one of those ‘shaky’ areas in the radio, and there is almost nothing we can’t do with high speed USB.

Eric