I have already contacted Mike privately, but for the sake of the archive, I’ll give a summary.  A good test for hardware failure in the transmit chain of the nature described below is to unplug the audio cables, startup the software and hit the MOX button.  If you get power output without any audio connection, then there is a hardware problem with either the driver on the RFE or the 100W PA.

Eric Wachsmann

FlexRadio Systems

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael Freedman
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 6:32 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Fw: HELP

 I am seeing something strange with my SDR. I notice now when I hit the MOX button in USB or LSB modes I am seeing full output WITHOUT talking. I have done a number of alignments on two diferent computers both using the same Firebox.

what I have now are:

160  62.3

80    49.0

60.  55.6

40   49.0

30   46.4

20   49.1

17  50.9

15  49.4

12  45.9

10  44.6

EVEN if I pull the lineoutput out of the back of the SDR I am still getting the same full output when I push the MOX button. Receive works perfectly. I can even see my transmit audio on the sdr's software screen.

What is wrong???? Does this call for a service trip to Texas??

Mike VE3BGE