The solution Larry and I discussed was an "audio only" fix that does not
handle the RF side at all.  We will be testing an "Auto Mute" function
using X2-12 as an input.  Grounding this input will assert the Mute
function as it exists today.  RF switching will need to be handled
separately and should be considered carefully as others have noted that
there _are_ reasonable limits (say what?) to what you can put into the
SDR-1000 front end.  I'll let the hardware experts talk about what those
limits are.  ;)

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems