Peter:

RE: http://www.southgatearc.org/articles/galileo.htm

The recent publicity given to Galileo by Trevor included a reference to your article on the details of the construction, the politics, and the potential impact this system could have on amateur radio. I want to thank you very much for your efforts on this matter. It is clearly the best writing I have seen on the subject and the first to throw light rather than heat (or even worse fuel) on the subject. It is must reading for the many people I have heard saying things akin to finding a rope to hang Martin (G3YJO, founder UOSAT/SSTL)!

It appears that for EME types, except for those with very large antennas attempting to listen to those with very small antennas, the impact will be very small indeed.

The impact on satellite users with their much smaller antennas will be nonexistent.

Please comment on my reading and analysis of your work if you believe I have got it incorrect. In any case, your work is a must read on the subject.

THANKS,
Bob McGwier
N4HY

(P.S., Trevor, thanks for supplying these links)