From: Tim Ellison [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:32 PM
To: Eric Ellison; John Ackermann N8UR
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] DIP OCXO for SDR

Eric,

The VF VCXO listed below has a max frequency at 200 MHz.  The XO
currently in use, the VF 161 has a max frequency of 300 MHz.  Using a
device at either end of its rated frequency may suffer from precision
and/or accuracy errors.

The Crystek   is much closer, but the output is a sine wave rather than
PECL(positive emitter coupled logic) which is the output of the current
XO.  I am not sure if this will make a difference or not with the
devices being designed.

I did find this VCXO that is very close to the VP161 from Greenray, but
I received some less than satisfactory comments about the company

http://greenrayindustries.com/library/ZT620.pdf

-Tim
---
Tim Ellison ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )