-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Guy Atkins
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:44 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] New Blog on Trans-Pacific MW and Tropical Band

Hi Trevor,

I'd hesitate to duplicate any comments or additions to my blog on the
Flex-Radio reflector, as I'm sure my interests are in the minority.
However,
it's easy enough to check the blog occasionally. There are also services
out
there which will notify you via e-mail when someone's blog is updated.

I will say that the recent comments under the "Introduction" section of
my
new blog for the SDR-1000 is a good example of debate on the merits of
receivers. I had no idea my observations would have stirred up such
hands
over the heat... <g>

I try to tread lightly when discussing lab tests and such, as there are
others far more knowledgeable than myself. I do, however, know a good
receiver when I get my hands on one; the proof is in the logbook. If the
SDR-1000 turns out to be lackluster for MW and tropical bands, I'll know
soon enough!

In any case, I'm sure there's some fiction mixed with the facts in the
comments I've received at www.sdr-1000.blogspot.com

I'm particularly interested in any Flexers' response to Dallas
Lankford's
critical comments in my blog, particularly his comments such as the
SDR-1000
having "an estimated 8500 spurs greater than -110 dB over its entire
range."
Whaaat??

73,

Guy