Hi,

I have a 1 KHz tone on my signal when transmitting SSB. The 1KHz signal is about 20 dB over the noise level at that frequency. It does not occur when using VAC, and it does not occur when I key using MOX with no mike is plugged in. I am using a Firebox. When I plug a mike into the SDR box with a cable from the SDR box to the mike in on the Firebox, I get the tone when I press the PTT. When I unplug the cable from the SDR box to the mike in on the Firebox, and plug in a different mike into the Firebox, I get the tone again, but it is only 10 dB over the noise level at that frequency. Set the RF power to 1 watt; no change. The tone is very stable, not like RF feed back. There is no test in progress. Restart everything, no change. Nothing seems unusual in the Firebox setup. Any one have any suggestions?

73,  Chas, W1CG