For what it's worth, I have had very good luck with high-pass filters by I.C.E. which I think are sold through Array Solutions. They have two versions -- one with a cutoff just below 160M, and one with a cutoff just below 80M. They handle 100 watts so can be put in the antenna line after the rig.

I have very strong local BCB here (like -3dBm at the bottom of the coax) and these filters are needed for use *anywhere* on HF. They make a huge difference. In my case, since I don't have an antenna for 160, I use the 80M version which has much better rejection.

73,
John N8UR
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----
Larry W8ER wrote:
Jeff et all, the filter that is supplied with a new Flex Radio is a low pass filter. It does not
attenuate broadcast band signals. There is a problem with the SDR-1000 (many other radios too) when
you live in an area that has broadcast stations in the area. Broadcast station images appear in the
160 meter band. The Flex that I just sold was sent back to Flex and had a "bandpass"
filter installed in place of the low pass front end filter that is standard. 160 meter operation is
flawless with this mod! If you normally listen to broadcast stations however, you will not be able
to do that after the new filter is installed. I am sure that Gerald or Eric can supply the
information on what is needed to make this change. It is a couple of new inductors and caps and can
be done by the owner without shipping it back if you are handy with the "iron". If all
you have is a blowtorch however ... you might want to send it back!

--Larry W8ER ----- Original Message ----- From: Jeff Anderson To: Flex Reflector Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 2:05 PM
  Subject: [Flexradio] 160 Meter Filter?

  Does anyone know what 160 meter filter Larry is referring to?  I've noticed that I have
horrible Broadcast Band images appearing throughout 160 meters, and I was going to roll
my own filter, but...is there an official "Flex-Radio" or a recommended
after-market filter that I could also use?

  Thanks!

  - Jeff, WA6AHL

----- Original Message ----- From: Larry W8ER To: Flex Reflector Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:52 PM
      Subject: [Flexradio] Flex SDR-1000 For Sale

Reluctantly I am selling my SDR-1000. It has the 100 watt amplifier and the built in antenna tuner. It is approximately 1 year old. It also has the 160 meter bandpass filter for anyone that is bothered by local broadcast stations on 160 meters. I will include the Delta 44 sound card and all cables. It is perfect in most every way. It is available immediately for $1450 plus shipping of your choice.
      email at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or 440-967-0654

--Larry