One of the most helpful things (to me) that has come from this group has been the occassional well thought out treatise on "we should do things this way"

My favorite examples are 1) Phil Harman's paper on agc which has led to a great improvement in that area (and will lead to more) and 2) the descriptions of what is needed to aid the audio processing given by the audio experts (W5GI, et. alia). This radio should be the very best AM transmitter period. If someone were to put together a paper like Phil's agc paper, where a concise description of the ideal was presented, it would be helpful.

Bob

Charles Greene wrote:
Mike,

Good tip. I reversed two phone plugs going into my Fire Box. Now I could zero the TX image when on AM. As measured on the spectrum analyzer, on AM, while transmitting into the dummy load, the image at 7.0785 Khz is 40 dB below the signal at 7.1 Mhz. Image down the same on CW. Settings on TX image reduction are phase -1 and gain 10. I redid the RX image reduction to be sure, and it came out a little different: phase -1.75 and gain 3.44. It sounds good now on SSB and AM.

tnx,  Chas, W1CG