To: "'Paul Wade W1GHZ'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Fwd: PowerSDR Beta Preview 13 has been Released.

One thing that is very different in the SDR-1000/PowerSDR from Leiff's
excellent article is that our final brick wall filter is AFTER all speech
processing, including ALC.  This means that it filters out most of the
splatter before it ever gets amplified.  I verified this on a spectrum
analyzer yesterday at very high levels of processing and ALC compression.
73,
Gerald

Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR
President