Jim Lux wrote:

Oops, looks like they sort of forgot to do testing and get FCC approval for some 50(!) devices http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-263862A1.doc (press release)
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-06-13A1.doc (details)

Change .doc to .pdf for that format.

A mere million dollar fine. ($7K per device *50 devices, then bumped up because Behringer comes off a bit like: fine, cost of doing business)

If you read the Notice of Liability and Forfeiture (the second document), Behringer comes off looking pretty bad: Oops, sorry, we thought our CE testing was equivalent. Oops, I guess we didn't really test for CE, either. etc.etc.etc.

Too bad, Behringer equipment is quite nice.

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Radio Frequency Subsystems Group
Flight Communications Systems Section
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena CA 91109
tel: (818)354-2075