> Craig,

[snip]

> The nice thing is that you don't have to buy our radio to figure this
> one out.  Download our software today and give it a shot.  You will need
> to use the "Unsupported Card" selection on the Setup Form -> Audio Tab.
> You may need to use ASIO4ALL (third party program) if your card does not
> have native ASIO drivers.

My experiences with the ASIO4ALL is that any sound card that needs it is
not as much fun as one that does not.

I would seriously consider (even at 180 dollars) going with the Delta 44
on a desktop machine just to get rid of the ASIO4ALL.  You can keep your
existing sound card and use it for whatever you now use it for, too, which
isn't all bad in itself.

Put it another way, one reason I am very happy with the Delta 44 is that I
have been able to run without ASIO4ALL.  ASIO4ALL certainly works (I still
use it with my USB sound card when I use my lappy and I made a
from-scratch DXCC using ASIO4ALL), but there's no serious debate that the
Delta 44, with its own drivers, is more stable.

So, yes, check out the support on your sound card as this is a variable
worth looking into.

Larry  WO0Z