Ok, I agree, Bob. But where should the the tuning frequency be then? Shouldn't it be at the displayed frequency, at the "carrier"-frequency for USB or LSB?

At my radio v1.4.5B15 when the displayed frequency is e.g. 3.775MHz, the tuning frequency is 3.7756MHz in both LSB or USB. So it is plus 600Hz, the CW pitch frequency.

An other observation: when in AM on 3.775MHz, the tuning frequency is 3.7646MHz (-10.4kHz). If this is not unique to my radio, this must be a bug?

73, Chris

Robert McGwier schrieb:
Christoph:

The tuning should be such that the carrier frequency remains identical in both cases. So that if you are tuned to 14.150 in the USA and are using USB, you are "legal" if you then switch to LSB, you are not legal. This can easily be seen by tuning in a shortwave broadcaster and turning on the panadapter. Place the carrier at the center. Go back and forth from USB to LSB and you will see the carrier stays in the center but the "green band" swaps sides on the carrier.

73's Bob
N4HY

Christoph - HB9AJP wrote:

Hi all
In LSB the tuning frequency is in the USB, so when tuning, you don't disturb the qso you would like to join. When in USB it would be nice to have the tuning frequency in the LSB. Hw?
Chris HB9AJP