FWIW I am writing a program to map local serial ports to remote serial ports. I found PC hangs with versions of the vCom.sys prior to build 226. After installing 226 I have not had a problem.

Simon Brown
---
http://blog.hb9drv.ch/

bigger and better idiots. So far the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert McGwier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Let me add this.  We are tracking down one or more conditions in the
serial code.  One is an infinite timeout issue and the other is more
serious.