Bill,
I have observed the same wav problem not only AM but ssb also.
When playing a wav file it plays ok the first time. When complete it shifts the
vfo up 11khz. playing a second time it is off 11khz.  The vfo has changed but
the readout is not changed.
Move the vfo down a khz and back up a khz and playback is ok for one play
again. Playing in "loop" mode
replays ok until it is stopped. This occurs in both preproc and postproc.
Also I tried playing this "wav" file using media player and player runs but no
audio out.Does this mean it is not
a real wav file?  I can play other wav files ok.
Does anyone know if this wav file can be transmitted?  Can not get it to
transmit. How do you
configure SDR to transmit wave ? I am using v1.4.5 preview 12
73, Bob K2LZG