John,

I have a much easier solution. You don't need the SDR "black box" in front
of you.  Put it off to the side.  Mine sits in an electronic  equipment rack
with the computer CPU.  Only the keyboard, mouse, monitor  and speakers are at
the operation position.  Having the SDR "black box" in  the rack makes it
easier to keeps RF under control and keeps the wires neat  where I can get at
them
and besides, the SDR "black box" serves no function  at the operating
position... power is turned on and off at the power  supply.

73,

Bob
K8MLM

In a message dated 3/14/2006 8:24:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,