On 3/23/06, Lee A Crocker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> and Sami Aintila telle me I will get 3,579,545 Hz even if I have ACPI 2.0
> running.

That's not exactly what I said.

I said that performance counter frequency does not NECESSARILY relate
to ACPI version. So you can get the ~3.5 MHz reading even if your
system is ACPI 2.0. But in most cases you probably should get the CPU
clock frequency instead.

The explanation that followed was probably confusing. I just described
a CPU instruction that provides sub-nanosecond precision regardless of
what you get with the performance counter. (And regardless of ACPI
version).

But the most important thing was to confirm what Bob already said in
his first post: This whole high-resolution clock issue was basically
bogus. We certainly don't need sub-ns precision for CW timing. The 3.5
MHz frequency should be adequate.

> So the FM isn't all that clear or is it?

Regarding the "FM" (as Bob and you so passionately call it), I don't
find some things you mentioned in my version (1.5.12) of the SDR-1000
Operating Manual. Maybe you have an older version?

73, Sami OH2BFO