Hi Jim, I tried to find the "turnaround" time that is defined by the ARRL tests as:
Transmit/Receive Turnaround Time
Test Description: The purpose of the Transmit/Receive turnaround test is to measure the delay required to switch from transmit mode to receive mode.
Notes:
1. T/R delay less than or equal to 35 ms is suitable for use on AMTOR.
2. No significant variation in CW mode.
from the ARRL extended report on the IC-7800
de ken n9vv