You cannot.

You must download the DirectX 9 SDK, hundreds of megabytes of it (so we can enable talking to the mouse and joystick keyers we mostly no longer use ;-).

Bob

Philip M. Lanese wrote:
Can anyone tell me how I get Visual Studio 2003 to find & use the DirectX9c
that lives in my W2K?

D:\POWER SDR PROJECT TRUNK\Source\Console\console.cs(45): The type or namespace
name 'DirectX' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Microsoft' (are you
missing an assembly reference?)

TIA,
Phil, K3IB