Dave,

This means that something is asserting a PTT signal.  Double check that
VOX is not on and that you do not have a key connected to the unit.  You
might also want to disable CAT if you had it on to eliminate that as a
possible problem.  If you are still having trouble, you can disable PTT
on the Setup Form -> General Tab -> Options Sub Tab.  Clearly this will
just step over the problem rather than fixing it though.

Note that PTT will be asserted if the control cable is not firmly
seated.  If you are using the USB Adapter, make sure that it is selected
on the Setup Form.  Good luck and let us know if you are still having
trouble after trying these ideas out.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems